Sometimes you want to take a road trip this winter. That means visiting your family or going to a new destination. With that said, you'll want to ensure that you are well prepared in case you do get stranded on the road due to a storm or anything else.
Here's what you should have in your trunk this winter
- A winter emergency car kit: You should have things like ice scraper, blanket, sand or kitty litter, phone charger and etc in this kit. It's important that you have these in your trunk.
- A spare tire: Flat tires are more common in cold weather, so it's important to have a spare tire on hand in case you get a flat. Make sure you have a jack as well so that you can replace the tire if needed!
- An extra set of car keys: Losing your car keys in the cold can be a major inconvenience, so it's a good idea to keep an extra set in your trunk.
- A roadside assistance kit: A roadside assistance kit should include things like a jack, lug wrench, and a spare tire jack handle.
- Battery Booster: It's important to have a battery booster in case your battery dies. It's very common that it happens in the winter because of the freezing temperatures. It will help save you a lot of frustration knowing you have this tool on hand!
- Snacks and water: It's a no-brainer that you have these on hand in the trunk because it may take some time before help arrives. Pack some non-perishable snacks in case you are in that situation.
If you need to get your vehicle ready for winter, we invite you to bring your vehicle into Springdale Automotive today!